Craving Curries Bombay Potatoes
4 tablespoons oil
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
½ tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
10g root ginger, peeled and grated
4 knobs of butter
6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Juice of half a lemon
1. Par boil the potatoes for approximately 5-7 minutes or until partially cooked then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the spices together with the grated garlic and ginger for 2 minutes, adding a little water to avoid the spices sticking.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes, adding a little water if required.
4. Add the butter to the pan together with the potatoes and gently stir until thoroughly coated in the spicy mixture. Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat slightly. Add the salt, lemon juice and coriander. Continue to cook until the potatoes are cooked and tender.