Cardamoms are highly aromatic and this curry provides tantalising layers of flavours. The result is a rich curry with a depth of flavours from the unique blend of spices that gives a hot peppery taste. This curry kit will serve up to 4 people.
For this curry you will need:
Included in this curry kit is:
- Empty the contents of Spice Bag ‘A’ into a bowl and add a little water to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add the cardamom and pepper paste from step 1 and fry over a low heat for 3 minutes, stirring at all times to avoid the paste burning.
- Add the diced chicken breast and the contents of Spice Bag ‘B’ and sauté over a low heat for 10 minutes stirring all the time to prevent the mixture from sticking. Add a little water regularly to avoid the spices burning.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, yoghurt and salt to taste, continue to sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Add 100ml of water, cover the pan and leave to simmer until the meat is tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened – be patient as this can take time.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with a handful of fresh coriander.
It is handy to keep a small jug of water next to you when you are cooking this recipe.
Alternative meats can be used instead of chicken although the cooking time will alter and more water may need to be added.